Saturday, March 2, 2013

Art Journaling...

"Study to show yourself approved." 2 Timothy 2:15

In my blog post of February 18, "A Reminder to me", I spoke about getting into God's word everyday, so that the consuming fire God put in me would not go out.  It was not long after that when I came upon a website by Erin Leigh, http://artbyerinleigh.blogspot.com/2012/09/31-days-of-scripture-art-journaling-day.html, with an exercise called 31 days of scripture.  Talk about an answer to prayer right away!  In a nutshell, Erin takes you through Art Journaling scripture so it will stay in your heart longer than a few minutes. I love her description of what happens when your art journal scripture.


"Because I believe that there is something inherently spiritual about creating.
not just art, but creating anything.
I am connected to my creator when I create.
When I use the gifts that I've been entrusted with."

I picked scriptures from my daily Bible reading rather than choosing my old standard favorites.  Each day I ask the Lord to speak to me through His word.  When a particular passage jumps out at me, I know that is my word for today.  Here are my first four days of "31 days of scriptures."

Day 1

Day 2
Day 3

Day 4
Once I start a page, it is hard to stop the doodling, but I know I must, or I will never get anything done.
I am, also, starting a new project for my yearly family albums.  Each month, I will do a "summary" calendar with that month's events highlighted for each day.  I must say, this project was much more involved than I anticipated.  It mostly had to do with the setting up of my background, and putting all those tiny squares in where the pictures or words would go.  It was well worth the time and effort.  This is how I will introduce each new month in my Family Yearbook Album.  I just love it!

February 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog