Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tuesday...

"I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today." -Wimpy, Popeye comic strip

I look like I have the measles, and it is all Dr. Henry's fault.  I went to see him to get a mole on my back checked out.  He removed it, and sent it for a biopsy.  That done, I asked if he could zap my 4 dark spots on my face.  You know those dasteredly "age" spots that seem to come out of no where.  He asked if I was sure I wanted them off right now, and I said, "yes."  Now I know why he asked.  I did not have only 4.  He found a lot more.  I look like I have the measles, just in time for Easter.  Tonight, when Warren was going to clean my wound, he said all my stitches had come out.  No wonder it was hurting back there.  We went over to his office, and he restitched me up with 4 really nice, and cute stitches.  He's my hero once again.  I knew I married him for a good reason.

I have good news about my CD player.   I was going to have to replace my whole media component in my car since some CDs got stuck in the CD player. Library book CDs.  Well, the wrong part kept coming in.  Finally, they got the right part, put it in, and got my CDs out which was a good thing, but it did not work.  It had a short in it, so they had to send it back to the company.  In the meantime, they installed my old component back in the car.  I asked them if they had tried to see if the CD worked.  They assured me that if I put a CD in there that it would get stuck again.  I, on the other hand, thought, "what have I got to lose?"  So when I got, home I found 3 CDs that I did not care about, inserted them, and tried it out.  It seemed to work fine.  I called back the service department to tell them I did what they said not to do, and told them it seemed to work.  Cancel that order, please.  Whew! That saved me some mega bucks.

Tuesday was Passover, and we went to a Seder at the Andrew's house.  There were about 26 people there from all over the United States, and Israel.  We used to hold a Seder on Passover at our home years ago, so it was nice to attend a Seder once more.  I don't know why we quit.  Hmmm.

Element on the Seders Plate: The parsley is dipped in salt water to represent tears from the hard labor of the Israelites;  the hard boiled egg represents hope and new life; the horseradish the bitterness and tears of the hard labor; the charoset (an apple, date, nut, honey mixture) represents the mortar used between the bricks; the roasted lamb shank the Passover Lamb; and the 10 wine dots, the 10 plagues.
The name of God in Hebrew on some of the table linens.
The Matzah:  the piercing represents how Jesus was pierced for our transgressions; the stripes the scourging He took, so that by His stripes we are healed.
Breaking of the Matzah.  There are three pieces of Matzah that in a Seder.  For the Christian they represent the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  The middle Matzah is broken and hidden for the children to find.  When they find it, they are rewarded with a gift.  The middle Matzah represents Jesus who was broken for us, and those who find him receive the gift of eternal life. 
If you have not been watching the mini-series, "The Bible," you are missing a really well done movie.  It is incredible, amazing, and fantastic.  The finale will air on Easter on the History channel.  Check your local station for times.  You will not be sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog