Sunday, December 2, 2012

December: Day 2...

"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light." - Genesis 1:3

I Heart Faces had a tutorial on light painting (http://www.iheartfaces.com/2012/10/photography-introduction-to-light-painting/) that I wanted to try out.  In the tutorial, you need three people: the photographer, the subject, and the painter.  There was only Warren and me.  So he had to be the painter as well as the subject.  We had to take a lot of photos to get our light in a place that didn't cover his face, or go out of the frame, and looked like the object we wanted to draw.  
He started with a simple shape.  He practiced it over and over.  See all the concentric circles...

I don't know how he got the light in the middle, but it is cool.  

Then he decided to put himself inside the heart.  I wanted him to use the flashlight on his cell phone, but he was afraid it could get dropped, damaged, ruined, so we had to use our big honking flashlight.  He did not get the flashlight turned toward me the whole time, so we have a weak light on the right side.

I added red tulle to the end of the flashlight hoping to get a red light, but it made a two-toned light.  Kind of cool.
Then I wanted to see if I could draw, so he could pose.  I didn't know how it would work with the remote, but it was worth a try.
Hmmm.  I have to work on my shape.  And I can be seen drawing the supposed star.

This star is a lot better.  This was a fun project...for me.  Warren looks thrilled in all these photos.  
At this point, Warren was freezing.  Why would he wear short sleeves when it was 42 degrees outside?I don't know, it was what he had on and I suspect he thought this would only take a few minutes.  Can anyone ever take pictures in a few minutes?  He should know better, especially when it comes to me.  We went inside.  He was done!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog