Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1...

How did it get to be so late so soon?" Its night before its noon.  December is here before its June.  My goodness how time has flown.  How id it get so late so soon?" -Dr. Seuss

My goodness gracious, that quote says it all.  Where has the time gone...it has gone up, up, and away, and I am left behind trying to catch it before it all gets away.  I cannot believe it is already December.  I read a lot of photography blogs, and two have inspired me to do a December project.  The first one is called "December Daily" from Ali Edwards blog, http://aliedwards.com/blog.  She uses a 3-ring binder notebook, and scrapbooks with stickers, photos, and all kinds of cute things to document each day in December.   The next blog is,  I Heart Faces, http://www.iheartfaces.com, where they are doing "The 32 Days of Christmas."  Yes, they title it 32 day, not 31, not 12.  Each day they have a suggestion for a photo which is nice because sometimes  I can get in a rut and take pictures of the same old thing.  What is great is that they have a photo community so you can upload your pictures.  The thing I like about the photo gallery is that there is tons of inspiration there.  I think these blogs provide wonderful tools to help document and capture your Christmas and December memories.

Day 1 for the "I Heart Faces" is to introduce yourself with a picture of none other than yourself.  I heart faces did a series by MaryAnne Gobble called "Why take self portraits." http://www.iheartfaces.com/2012/04/self-portraits-tutorial/.  Truly, I do not know how this lady did some of her self-portraits showing her mountain climbing, or on the ridge of a cliff.  I had trouble taking a self portrait with me being just a few feet away.  Sometimes I was barely in the picture.  Anyway, without further ado here are my attempts of self-portraiture.


Now for my Sue Bryce poses.  Sue Bryce http://www.inbedwithsue.com/blog/ does a lot of "glamour photos."  She uses a lot of tulle, fancy dresses, camisoles, and FLOWERS in the hair.  Oh, to shoot photos like she does.  Sigh!

Photo by Sue Bryce.

Okay, now here are mine...

Sue always does such beautiful things with the hands.  I need better looking hands.

Next time I will hide my remote...

...and take off my black watch.

1 comments:

Deb said...

Really good pictures of you! Love em!

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog