Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Amazing photos of Maggie and a mouse...

"Never play cat and mouse games if you're a mouse." -Don Addis

Maggie is a good mouser.  Several days ago, she wanted to be let into the house, and unbeknownst to Warren, she had a mouse.  She let it go in the house.  Thank goodness this happened to Warren, and not me.  He caught it, and threw it outside.  Today, I noticed she was playing with something in the yard.  (She is a good lizard catcher, too).  That's what I thought it was, but upon closer inspection, it proved to be a mouse.  I grabbed a broom to hit it to death, but it got away.   Maggie found it again.  She liked to toss it in the air...And I ran to get my camera...

That's the mouse in her left paw...kind of blurry, and I am sure traumatized...

The mouse is right above her mouth...

She does let it run around some...the mouse is at the end of her extended paw...

The mouse is right in front of her face to the left...another gray blur...

Stalking the mouse...

You can just see the hind quarters, and tale of the mouse...to the right of her left paw...

Grab the mouse...

Throw it up again...

Repeat...

This is her "football" catch.  She could have been a receiver.  For the Green Bay Packers, of course.
the mouse is at the end of her right paw...

it's at the end of her left paw...

It is right between her ears...

I just thought this was funny...

holding it by the tale...

You can just see the tale at the left paw...and the mouse in an arch above her arm.  

I don't think she liked me getting too close to her mouse...

She's going to take it somewhere else...

She watches it, waiting for it to run away...
 At this point, I was afraid she was going to lose interest, and let the mouse get away.  I sure did not want to have it around...so...I grabbed the broom, and hit the mouse.  It was toast.  Gone, as in no longer living.  Maggie was none too pleased with me.

She ran under the trees to get away from me...

to look for new creatures to traumatize...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog