Thursday, November 6, 2014

Book recommendation...

"There's so much more to a book that just the reading."-Maurice Sendak

I like, and enjoy reading.  It is not unusual for me to have two or three books going at the same time.  It is hard to always to keep them straight sometime.  I recently picked up a book from the library to take to Australia to fill in all the down time.  There was no down time, so I never got it started.  Once home, I picked it up to read...and that was it.  I was hooked...drawn in.  I did not want to put it down.  I neglected my laundry, making meals, and general cleaning of my house.  Thank goodness I have a very understanding husband.   I had my nose buried deep within the pages of the book.  I can count on one hand how many books are in my "cannot put it down" category.  This was one: The Thief of Glory, by Sigmund Brouwer.  It is about a 10 year old boy, along with half of his family, who are taken into a Japanese camp during WWII.  How they are treated, and how he over came such horrible odds is incredible.  It does have a surprise ending.  It is historical fiction.  Pick it up at the library.  You will not put it down either.

amazing book

Happy reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog