Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today...wild and crazy!

This has been a wild and crazy day.  I usually like Wednesdays because it is my day off.  I do not have any classes to teach and I try to use it to catch up.  Well, I was asked to come to the Quilters business meeting to take pictures of the raffle quilt...which I did.  Then I had an Doctor's appointment with Jane for her knee. She calls me early and late to tell me she cannot sleep because her knee hurts.  The appointment was so I could get some rest...I am desperate. Those two things took a chunk out of my day.  I had prescriptions to drop off... I did that.  Then her physical therapist wanted an old fashion walker... not the super duper ones with all the bells and whistles.  Jane did not want to buy another one, and I cannot blame her.  I  discovered a  place called "Choices" that has medical supplies they loan out for no fee.   I went there to pick up the old style walker...no one wants them anymore.  Well, the one they had for the loaner looked pretty ratty and dirty.  It needed a lot of elbow grease to clean it up.  I thought I would sign a form and leave...in and out.  Was I wrong.  The paper work was incredible.  And I had to sign my life away for this horrible looking walker that I was going to have to scrub.  (I was sure to use handsanitizer when I got to the car.)  By the time I got out of there it was past 5:00 p.m.  My whole free day gone.  CaPutz. I decided a fast and easy meal was in order, so I decided to make Pioneer Woman pico de gallo, guacamole, and quesadillas for super, but I needed some ingredients.  On the way home, I stopped by Farmer's and got in the shortest line, which ended up being the longest line, because the lady in front of me had a problem with her "food stamp" card.  Which brings up a pet peeve.  I was standing in line at Sam's and the lady in front of me was conversing with another person about working.  She said why should I work?...and paid with her stuff with a 'food stamp' card.  She was about 20 years old.  I wanted to tell her, "you should work so I don't have to buy your food." Why am I working to subsidize someone who is not.  Even the Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10, "if you don't work, you don't eat."  Yes, I know our elected officials would never get re-elected if they used that as their platform.  My day has not gone as planned.  Hopefully, things will go as planned on Friday.  I need to get some organizing and packing done to get ready for my stay in NC.  It is not long now before those two little guys will make their debut.  I can hardly wait! As I close, even though my day was wild, unplanned, and hectic, I am so thankful for KLOVE.  It has done wonders to bring me back to His peace, and I can say, "Praise God from whom all blessing flow!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog