Friday, November 22, 2013

Our 32nd Anniversary...

Wisdom for marriage.  Found on Pinterest.  I absolutely thought this said it all...


The 32nd year of marriage…It is hard to believe it has been that long, because it seems like yesterday.  I cannot image my life without Warren.  He is truly the best, but it has not always been that way.  We had to work on our marriage, and well…us.  Now we are perfect…well, almost.  Our marriage is a success because of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  He is the glue that helped us stay together…no matter what.  
32 years…with this man.  I am blessed.  He is too, of course.
Right now we are with Jordan and Luke.   They helped us celebrate our anniversary by putting together a surprise anniversary fondue party for the 4 of us.  We had sparkling apple cider by Martinelli's, and lots of sweet goodies to dip in this wonderful chocolate ganache .  It was very tasty, fun, and I am sure no calories at all.  If I remember right, there are no calories in holiday, birthday, and anniversary food.  Right?  Tell me it is so.  I want it to be so.  Please let it be so.

The fondue spread.  Yum!

The chocolate ganache was divine.  

Look at all this stuff… chocolate truffle cake, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, pound cake, nutter butter cookies, raspberry cheesecake, regular cheesecake, and bananas.  More yums.  

Awesome husband.  

Awesome, almost perfect couple.  
Luke suggested we give him our credit card number, so he could book us a romantic getaway for the weekend.  Aren't we told not to give out that kind of information? Well, it sounded good to me.  I think we can trust Luke.  When I mentioned it to Warren,  he thought it sounded like a good idea. Then I thought about it, I decided that while it seemed like a great idea, it was actually not.  We have not seen our grids since May.  How could we come all this way, only to leave? So we suggested they (Luke and Jordan) plan a weekend get away, let us babysit, and we can have our "getaway" at their house.  Everyone thought that was a winning idea.  That is exactly what we are doing.  Look at these cute guys.

Awesome grandkid…Tate

More awesomeness…Sawyer is carrying his car, and "raffie"

Tateness...

"Saw-dog"
"Love falls to earth, rises from the ground, pools around the afflicted.  Love pulls people back to their feet.  Bodies and souls are fed.  Bones and lives heal, new blades of grass grow from charred soil.  The sun rises." -Anne Lamott, from her book, Help, Thanks, and Wow: the Three Essential Prayers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog