Friday, March 7, 2014

I wait for the Lord...

"God doesn't call us to do hard stuff; He call us to do impossible stuff." -Pricilla Shirer

Last Wednesday was the beginning of Lent which marks 40 days before Easter (Sundays are not counted).  Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting, repentance, reflection, and spiritual discipline.  The purpose is to set aside time reflecting on Jesus Christ…His suffering, sacrifice, life, death, burial, and resurrection.  While our church does not formally observe Lent, I like to do my own personal reflecting on Jesus for the 40 days.  I found a wonderful website called "She reads truth" that has a plan for Lent.  Each week there is scripture that we are to meditate on.  Friday we share about that scripture.  This week was on Psalm 130, one of the ascent Psalms.  I chose verse 5.  I seem to have trouble on waiting for the Lord because in re-reading some of my past journals, I have this verse sprinkled throughout them, so I must need help with my waiting.  I wait, my soul waits, and in His word I do find my hope…strength, purpose, life, and the way.  His word brings me comfort and joy.  I love His word.


”SheReadsTruth.com”

Recently, our photo club visited 3 of our older churches.  What treasures were to be found in all three. These are my Friday finds that I am linking up with Kim Klassen . 


Kim Klassen dot Com

I love her blog.  It is refreshing, encouraging, and beautiful.  I always come away with a very peaceful feeling.  These pictures were taken at St Andrews Episcopal Church, and are of St. Francis Assisi who is known for his love of animals.  




I have fallen so far behind in my Photo Artistry class that I thought I had better try some techniques, and get somewhat caught up.  This first one is from Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class.


  

The following are from my photo artistry class…


I like trains.  I wanted to make this totally unique.  Notice my hubby in the train's front?  There's also a train ticket, a clock since trains were to run on time, and a car.  

I took this picture in Milford, Tx 

I had to make my cat look very vintage.  I loved how this turned out.

This car sits by an abandoned house just down the street from my house.
That's all I got done.  Be blessed.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog