Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Maggie...

"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -Jean Cocteau

I have not done a post on our cat, Maggie, in a long time.  She is probably the most photographed cat…mostly because she is around, and I lack subjects, so she is it.  She is not the most cooperative, but she will do.  One morning as I was getting ready for the day, I heard a scratching noise, but could not for the life of me figure out where it was coming from.  I thought, "oh, well," and went about my business.  Then I heard the scratching again, and a "meow." I went hunting again, and found the Maggie trapped behind the door of our entertainment center.  Apparently, since the back is open, she crawled in there, but could not figure how to get back out.  I was worried about her being stuck in this place for a long time, because it is where we recharge our iPhones.  She loves to eat iPhone cords, and earphone cords.  I am on my second iPhone cord, and my 4th earphone cord.  You'd think I would learn to put them up. I am happy to report, all cords were still working order.  She must have been too busy trying to figure how to get out rather than eating cords.


Maggie goes outside soon after Warren gets up in the morning.  If it is colder outside, she may hang around for awhile, but she eventually goes out, stays for about 30 minutes, then comes back in.  She likes to join Warren in the bathroom while he is getting ready for work.  She plops down right outside the shower.  I think it is because it is a warm place to be.  I leave the door a little cracked so she can come and go as she pleases.  Is she spoiled or what?


One of her favorite places to rest is in front of the shift-robe in the atrium.  This was one of Smiggley's favorite spots as well.  There is a vent under the shift-robe that shoots out cool air in the summer, and warm in the winter.  These cats are no dummies.

Looking regal...
Here are some more of Maggie's favorite spots.
1.  Behind all our plants.  I have a wagon full of plants, and she likes to be among them.  Maybe she thinks she is outdoors.

2.  She has taken over the settee by the dining room.  It is one of her favorite sleeping spots. "Sleep in heavenly peace, Maggie."

3.  Curtains are the perfect hiding place.  I think she thinks I do not see her.  She likes to get behind them, then jump out as if to scare me.

4.  One day I was photographing the conversation candy hearts that are so popular for Valentine's.  I had the candy all scattered out ready to photograph, and she came to investigate. She began eating my props… the candy.   I tried to shoo her away, but she kept coming back.  She really liked the candy.  I think it was the sayings on each heart…she was reading them.

5.  Maggie is in the window looking at me like, "oh no, not more photographs."

6.  Maggie is fascinated with the radio/CD player.  She tries to get CDs as they load, and unload.  She cannot figure out where the sound is coming from.  She will sit, and watch the BOSE for a long periods of time.  Who knows what is going on in her little cat brain.

That's all about Maggie for now.  Stay tuned for more…I don't know when though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog