Sunday, September 23, 2012

Finding the light and other stories...

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera." -Lewis Wickes Hine

Warren and I have had a fantastic weekend, and in actually, we did not do much.  There is just something about doing things with the person you love that makes everything so much better.  It is like adding color to something that was black and white.  We did our normal Saturday lunch at Schlotzski's, and then went to see the movie, "Trouble with the curve," starring Clint Eastwood.  It was about a baseball scout that was loosing his vision.  It has baseball, family, and a little romance.  The movie was showing at our new theater in town. (10 screen, with seats that recline, and have plenty of leg room.)  If you buy popcorn and a drink, there are unlimited refills.  After, the movie, we just went for a drive which was very pleasant.

Also, on the list of activities for the weekend was our Quilt Guild's Quilt show at the Civic Center.  I did not have any quilts entered, but I did take my soap to sell.  I sold 33 bars of soap, and came home with only 4.  I was so happy about that!  I am now pumped to make some more soap.

Maggie has been enjoying the cooler days to laze around outside.  One of her favorite places to sit is by the hummingbird feeder.  She is determined to capture one of those critters.  She has almost gotten several...she can jump very high, but so far they have been safe from her clutches and claws.
Waiting and Watching...

She sees the hummingbird...

The bird doesn't seem too concerned...

It just goes about with its eating...

Ahhh!  This is good stuff!  

One of the things I have been trying to capture with my camera is a great sunset.  So far, I have had no luck, but I have gotten some very nice golden moments which I think are wonderful to behold.
This picture was taken at the corner of Country Club and Montana...right by a stop sign.  Look closely to the right to see the metal of the stop sign post.

What a view from my friend's backyard...

Outside the fence of her backyard...

Now the sunset.  I think if there were clouds it would have been so much nicer...
I tend to look at a lot of photography websites so get ideas, and I like the pictures with the nice golden tones, and the sun flares.  We have a nice patch of Maximillion daisies around the flagpole in our front yard, so I asked Warren if he would be my subject to try to get the flare.  Yes, that is a sun flare, and not Warren's halo.
Oh, my handsome Man!  I was so happy he allowed me to photograph him.  

Then he took my picture...

Now Maggie's turn...
My favorite.  I like the haze, and the sun flare...
The following pictures were taken on the previous weekend, but I never got them posted, so I thought I would add them before they got too old.
Ian...being calm and stately before...

He decided to try his hand at cart-wheeling.  Pretty good for a 40 year old...Olympics here he comes!
I had balloons left over from a photo shoot, and wanted to use them while they still had helium in them.  I had asked Laurie if she would like to do a shoot with her family, but she did not have time.  Instead, Ian brought the kids over and he took this picture of us.  I think he did a wonderful job.  Thank you, Ian.


 On my favorite website: jessicasprague.com, there is a weekly photo challenge. This week the challenge is to make a photo look like a miniature...called "fake miniature."  Hmmm. Cleverly, creative name.  Anyway, I looked up how to do the effect online, then submitted my photo for the challenge: The Box, at NMMI.  It does kind of look like a miniature.  
Mark and Luke spent 4 years of their lives in this place, so this photo has special significance to me.    I like the effect, too!

I decided to try the miniature effect  on this photo of the Navajo refinery in Artesia.  I think the colors and textures are pretty nice.
The Digital Art Journaling challenge at Jessica Sprague's website was to use the word "meaning."  Here is my submission...
Without Christ, life has no meaning...I am so thankful that He called me out of darkness and brought me into his marvelous light.  Be blessed this week! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog