Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Luke...

"May you live to be 100, and may the last voice you hear be mine."- Frank Sinatra

Holy Moly, my baby is 28 today!  Happy birthday to Luke!  I am so glad the Lord gave him to us because he has added such joy and blessings to our lives.  There was never a dull moment with Luke around and I think that is still true today.  In looking at old pictures, I think Sawyer looks a lot like Luke, especially in the eyes!  Here is a trip down memory lane for me.
Just a sweet baby...most of the time.

Luke went everywhere in this walker.  It was a miracle he never turned it over.  This is one of the pictures that reminds me of Sawyer and it has always been one of my pictures of Luke.  I think he is too cute!
I am not sure about that face.

Interesting outfit, and notice the drool.

One of the many cowboy Luke pictures.  He loved this cowboy hat...he even slept in it.  Can't you tell.

Okay, this picture should be before the other one, but oh well.  Notice that his cowboy hat is in fairly good shape here.  So that tells me this picture should be first.  Luke liked his boots, too.  He did not care what outfit he had on, he always had his boots on.  But he was not allowed sleep in them.

I think Luke is about 6 or 7 here.  Baseball soon became his love.

At Peter Piper Pizza.  It was someone's birthday, but I cannot remember whose.

Luke started swimming competitively at 6 years old.  He was particularly good at backstroke.  I think he was about 8 years old here.  At 10, he made Zones which is a kind of junior olympics (held in Seattle, Washington) and he finished 9th in most of his events.  He was seeded 32nd, so he did very well.

Luke's 13th birthday with his Grasshopper Pie "cake."

13th birthday and with Smidge.  

Luke today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog