Sunday, June 29, 2014

Little foxes...and lost things...

"Do you know that nothing in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God, and loving the people He has made." -Francis Chan

I live in town.  On a fairly busy street.  So it is amazing the amount of wildlife I have on my property, or near it.  We have, or should I say had raccoons...that were having a wonderful time making a mess on our back porch.  I trapped about 7 of them.  Game and Fish came, and removed them.  We have skunks...bad news for sure, and stinky.  I have lost count of how many skunk I have trapped.  Animal control comes to get the skunks. Only they shoot them before they remove them, and our yard stinks pretty bad.  We had gophers...we got rid of those ourselves.  We have lots of squirrels that are destroying our trees.  I am still trying to get rid of them.  We have turtles, butterflies, and several varieties of birds...including hawks, and buzzards.  I do not want the last two kinds of birds.  I am having a hard time getting rid of them, too.  Down a couple of houses, there was a rattlesnake.  Just down the block, there is a den of foxes.  They are out in an empty field with a church, and houses nearby.  There is a construction site across the street.  I do not know why these foxes like it there, but they do.  Right in town with all kinds of activity nearby.   This morning I got up early enough to get some photos of the foxes activities.

See the house in the background...these foxes are in my neighborhood.

And there is a lot of traffic...

Here they all are.  Only one seems concerned I am there.



He does not seem to worry too much about me being there if he can sleep.

Look at the little fox's hind leg...you can see the leg bone in the light of the sun.  Such a lovely tail.

Remember I told you I lost my notebook with all my quotes in it?  This morning when we were on our way out the door, I could not find the notebook I take to church.  Warren told me I should make a list of all the things I have lost, then we should make more of an effort to find them.  Let's see...two notebooks, a check, SD card, my glasses...and that is this week.  I need to figure out how to stop losing things.  Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog