Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Learning to do my own blog storyboards...Santa Fe inspiration...

"It is the sweet simple things in life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

In my Start to Finish Class by Kim Klassen, we learned how to make our own layouts using multiple photos in Lightroom.  The more I work with Lightroom, the more I am impressed with it as a photo editing program.  There is not much that program will not do! It organizes your photo library...I mean you can find any photo...it is kind of like the card catalog in a library. You can edit,  do slideshows, print sheets of photos in any configuration, make books...you name it, it has it.  Invest in it...so worth it!

I chose to use the picture of my ladybug on the daisy, and the daisy for my first attempt at putting together a layout.  So easy, and pretty cool.


Our next assignment was to put together a story-telling shoot.  The possibilities were endless.  Our shoot had to tell a story, share an idea, maybe something we love, a recipe, or craft project.  I would have done my cat, Maggie, but I was in Santa Fe when I read the assignment.  Unfortunately, my cat was at home.  I decided to use items from the Bed & Breakfast where we were staying...Las Palomas. If you are in Santa Fe, this place is pretty fantastic. The Bed & Breakfast offered lattes, cappuccinos, tea, and cookies 24/7.  I had them make me a latte, grabbed a cookie, books off their shelf, and set up my photo shoot.  They had gorgeous afternoon light through a west window, so I placed a table there, and began.  I decided my theme would be...Bliss...

My idea of Bliss:
1. A quiet place
2. A good book
3. An excellent latte
4. A delicious cookie


Simply Divine!
Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog