Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My birthday...

"Everything I know I learned after I was thirty." -George Clemaneceau

I just celebrated my 61st birthday.  These birthdays are piling up on me.  Anyway, I thought I would write about some things I know for sure...it has only taken me 61 years to figure this out.  When I was a little girl three years old, my mother passed away.  I am sorry to say that I do not remember anything about her, but I do remember asking where she was.  I was told "Heaven."  I understood there was a heaven and a hell.  I very vividly remember going into my backyard talking to the sky telling God I wanted to go to heaven.  I believe He heard the cry of my heart, and He has orchestrated events, people, and places in my life to bring that about.  I feel like I am like Ruth in the Bible, and God has "dropped hands full on purpose" in my life.  I am so grateful that He called me out of my darkness and brought me into the marvelous light.  It is through God, and His word that I know these 10 things...well maybe 9 things.  The first one is a result of age...

10 things I know for sure:
1.  I spend more time looking for things than accomplishing tasks...or so it seems.  I have to write notes to myself reminding me of where I put things.  As I write this, I cannot find my notebook of quotes.
2.  Challenges and difficulties can be a catalyst to make us stronger, and better.
3.  I am happy "in my own skin."  It has not always been so...especially in high school.  I thought every one was smarter, prettier, and skinnier than I.  If "I could only be her."  Not anymore.    I am very happy about how God chose my personality, looks, and talents when He created me.
4.  My "ordinary" life is filled with speculator, wonderful-extraordinary moments.  Each new day is filled with its own magic.  I just have to look for, and recognize how God is blessing, or thrilling me today.
5.  My photography has made me more aware of the presence of God.  I have to look for the light for my photos.  God is light.  And the beauty of His creation is what I try to capture in each picture.
6.  Happiness is a choice.
7.  Success is a choice.  I found a great quote from Yoda of Star Wars: "Do or do not, there is no try."
8.  The grass is greener on your side of the fence.  Look for the positive in your own life, and circumstance.
9.  Being grateful opens your heart, gives you a positive outlook, brings joy to you, and others.
10.  God is good.  Always and forever.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Now how about a glimpse at my birthday...
The birthday girl...(taken with my iPhone).  Here's looking at you, kid.  

Warren did a great job with the decorations...

more decorations...

The cake...6 individual candles, and the number 1=61

Blowing out the candles...with a helper standing by just in case I ran out of air...


present from the family...

A pillow with photos of everyone...so cool.  Sorry my eyes are closed.  This happens in a lot of photos.

Two of my favorite gifts...

My best gift of all...my man!  

Here's to another year...

Thank you, Jesus for life...

What a wonderful birthday...
Be blessed.


1 comments:

Roxi H said...

Happy late birthday. Lookin' good!

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog