Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day...

"Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children." -Bill Cosby

We celebrated Father's Day today, and it was a good celebration.  

We have two households with Fathers involved, and after several text messages back and forth, we decided to have our celebration here with us cooking burgers, and the other bringing the dessert...and entertainment was provided by the grandkids simply by them just being present.  They keep things pretty lively, and fun.   Grandkids are the best...

The grilling begins...
lots of smoke...
Where there is smoke, there is fire...this was a little too much fire on our burgers.  Or so I thought.  But Dad #1, aka...Warren, soon had the fire out, his grill under his control once again.
Flipping burgers...
 Mmmm.  Don't these burgers look good!

It is hard to get creative with decorations for Dad's.  This was about the best I could do for my table.  See the Dad in the background?  He was not actually part of the decorations...he was just sitting in his normal spot...so I guess in a way, he was part of the decorations.

 Here are the two Father's, and, well, sons, too.  You have to figure that one out.  Hint: there are two dads, and two sons, but only three people...

This Father's Day card from Ian's family was a musical card that was hilarious.  See, it had Warren smiling...and if sound came through this blog...you could hear him laughing as well.We had to play it a lot of times...I will probably go to bed with that tune running through my head.


This is one of the gifts from Ian's family...Harry's shaving kit, complete with razor with 4 blades, and all the creams, and lotions.  I know my  hubby does not look like he shaves much, but he does.  Notice he does not look like the Duck Dynasty fellows.  I like him much better this way.


Another gift from Ian's family.  I am sure Ian did not put this together though.  All of us ladies know who was responsible for this creation.  Isn't it adorable...


 Father and son...


Opening the gift from Luke's family...I have a feeling I know who put this together, too.  It had a lot of cute tags attached to each gift...that was made not by Luke...He may have helped come up with some of the sayings, but I know he did not create the tags...  For example, there was a bag of Reese's pieces with a tag that said, "We love you to Pieces."  All the other items had tags with equally cute puns that went with the gifts.  Clever...


Hmmm.  Too bad he did not open this gift before he started grilling the burgers.  It would have come in pretty handy.  Next time...
See the tag attached to the handle...that was what they all looked like.
I got him a "Joe Bender" Mountain Bike.  It is a little wire guy riding a mountain bike.  The guy can be posed in all kinds of ways, the wheels come off the bike, and there is a little tiny water bottle that comes off too.  Maybe I will finally be able to have a cooperative subject to photograph... Joe Bender...

Laurie made this wonderful raspberry frozen pie that had an oreo cookie crust, and was topped with whipped cream, raspberries, and crushed oreos.  Yum.  Here's our little server...

He ate it all...and left no crumbs...
Fun! Fun.  We always enjoy having get togethers with family.  Hats off to all the Father's out there...  Happy Father's Day.  Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog