Friday, April 25, 2014

Morning Walk...

"I went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out til sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." -John Muir

I have been going out for a daily walk early in the morning before the twins get up.  What a pleasure it has been...the beauty of the morning, creation, and the renewing of my mind.  It has proved to be very challenging around here with so many hills.  I have a nice case of shin splints as a result of the hill work.  I decided to take along my camera to document all the beauty there is to behold.   I make it a point to mailboxes, because I think, one day, they will be a thing of the past.  The mailboxes are beautifully decorated here.






Unlike New Mexico, which is dry with lots of desert plants, North Carolina has a lot of trees.  When we first visited my son, Luke,  I was surprised to see white squirrels in the trees behind their house.  Warren, my husband, jokingly claimed Luke's house was built on a previous nuclear waste sight, hence the white squirrels.  Later, I learned there are a few spots where these unique squirrels populate the forests...Hendersonville is one of them.  One of these days, I might be able to get a photograph of one instead of the sign.
One of the things I love about walking around here, is all the beautiful flowers, and blooms on the trees.  It is just gorgeous.
The Dogwood tree flower.  Legend says that the cross Christ was crucified on was made of dogwood.  The flower is said to represent the cross with two longer petals, and two short ones.  The flower above has the two longer ones going side to side, and the short, up and down.  The tips have a brownish spot, which is said to be symbolic of Christ's blood.  






  Luke's front yard...with the sun beaming through the trees.  Lovely, I think.
Linking to Kim Klassen's Friday Finds.  Go over to take a peek, you'll be amazed at the beauty.

1 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

No wonder I love the Dogwood so much. Looks like a beautiful area.

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog