Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome Fall...

Oh how we love pumpkin season.  You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right?  Winter, spring, summer, pumpkin...we anxiously anticipate it every year."  -Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer, October, 2010

Today, we officially greet fall.  Hello, fall.   It has been sort of fallish out today.  It has come in with a lot of grace with temperatures just right.  Welcome.  I found an awesome pumpkin patch, and asked the owner if I could take some pictures. Behold my tribute to fall: pumpkins and all!

The pumpkin patch
These pumpkins are huge. They must weigh 50 pounds, and are about the size of one of those exercise balls that you sit on. I bought some pumpkins from the owner, and he used a tractor to pick them up.  I had a very hard time getting my pumpkin out of my car, and to my front porch.  I did lift it, and my arms were so sore the next day.  Good thing I lift weights.

Another pumpkin.

These are called fairy tale pumpkins.

Fun in the pumpkin patch.

King of the pumpkin.
Fall would not be fall without the sunflowers, and maximillion daisies.  I heard that we can expect the first frost three weeks after the maximillion daisies start blooming, so mark your calendars.

Maximillion daisies in our front yard.

Sunflower.

I cannot have blooming maximillion daisies without taking a photo of my wonderful husband in front of them.

My super awesome husband.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog