Saturday, July 20, 2013

Some ramblings...

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons." -Ruth Ann Schubacker

Today, I am posting about a lot of different things.  Like I said, "ramblings." First, we have lost a lot of things in these past few weeks.  During our leak disaster in our master bathroom,  we used the boys bathroom.  I took out my earrings, and placed them on the counter.  One morning, I went to put them on, and there was only one earring.  These were the ones Luke and Jordan got me for Mother's day, and have become my second favorite earrings.  I figured the cat took it.  I looked and looked for it, asked Warren everyday if he found it.  No luck.  Several weeks later, I found it nicely tucked under a rug along with the top of Warren's contact case.  My favorite pair of silver earrings have, also, come up missing.  Note to self...do not leave out shiny objects where the cat can get them.  I still have NOT found them, so I bought new ones.  My favorite white sweatshirt is missing.  I may have to buy one of those, too.  No clue where it is, and Warren has lost his handicap placard.  What is happening aroung here?  Hopefully, these things will turn up.  We sure like the handicap placard.  We are spoiled now.

I finally drove the new Land Cruiser today!  Warren had to help me figure out some of the bells and whistles.  And the camera to make sure you do not hit anything is hard for me to figure out spacially when I come into the garage.  That might not be so good. I tend to ding things when I am in the garage. Oh my, I love it, though.  Here is the compromise Warren and I came up with for driving it.  We each get to drive it for two months at a time.  He has July/August, and I will get Sept/ Oct, and so on.  I volunteered to drive it all the time, but he said,"No."

My granddaughter wanted to do face painting when she came over this week.  We looked at images on the web, and found one she liked.  I think her face painting mirrors the design on her sweatshirt.

See how her design looks like the wings on the heart on the front of here shirt.  

What a pretty little girl.

E wanted to pose this way.
 
Our photography club had a tour of the Dean Baldwin Airplane paint factory here.  It was very interesting.




Me in the place where the engine goes on this DC 10.  I kind of match the color with my shirt and slacks.  


I am taking a night photography course from my favorite website: jessicasprague.com.  It is very interesting, and I love the photos I have taken. These pictures were taken about 8:30-9:00 at night, so you can get the nice blue effect in the sky.  I just hate standing on the street corners taking pictures, though. It is kind of scary, and I try to stay alert to what is going on around me.  I take my gun just in case.  I think taking Warren would be better, but so far I have not been able to entice him to go with me.

The silver dome.  They have bands and dancing in the dome.  I do not know what it was used for originally.  Some kind of Grain????

Main Street

The lights on the middle right are from a Fire Truck.  I like the contrast of the blue sky, and the red street.

More Main Street

I really liked this building.  Looks like an old, old store.

Buildings on Main Street
I think I might be caught up on the new of what is happening around here.  Now if I could get caught up on my laundry.  There is always laundry.  Guess I better go put in a load.  Later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog