Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Night photography...

"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day." -Vincent Van Gogh

I am taking a night photography class from Candice Stringham on the Jessica Sprague website, http://www.jessicasprague.com.  It has been fun and challenging.  During the second week, we learned how to shoot star trails.  So far, I have not completed this part of the homework, because it involves going out in the middle of nowhere, and taking photos for about 1 to 2 hours of the stars as they travel around the North Star.  I have not convinced Warren to go with me, and I do not want to go by myself for safety reasons.  I cannot image why he does not want to go out at 10:00 at night, and sit for all those hours while I capture God's glory.
Here is what the star trails will look like, if I ever get it done.
Photo by Candice Stringham from Night photography class,  http://www.jessicasprague.com
This week we are working on night portraiture.  I absolutely love the effect.  Too bad Roswell does not have more scenic downtown sites.  Warren was willing to be my subject on this photo assignment, especially when I told him it would not take longer than 30 minutes.  What a good sport.
Warren.  On the right, you can see the lights from the street.  Love the Bokeh, and my subject.  Just used ambient light.

Warren again.  This time I used an external flash with it pointed away to bounce on the overhang in front of him.  
I definitely want to try more of these photos, especially since I messed up on my shutter speed.   I was not paying attention to my shutter speed, which was a little too slow, so they are slightly blurry.  My mind was on my ISO trying to get it as low as possible, and still get a good exposure.  Next time I will pay attention to everything.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog