Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ghosting technique, and Bitterlakes...

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have someone click the shutter."  -Ansel Adams

The rule of thirds, polarizing filter, neutral density filter, remotes, wide angle lens, framing, HDR, 
hyperfocal distance, low and high key light. These are just a few of the things I have learned in my Advanced Composition class.  Whew...and it has only been a week.  It has been challenging and fun.   Our first lesson was to take pictures of a landscape.  I chose Bitterlakes.  This assignment had me getting up before sunrise to get some pictures in the golden hour, only to find there was not a golden hour for almost a whole week.  Sunsets were not much better.  I used a lot of gas, and lost a lot of sleep.  (I am not a morning person).  We had very nice gray skies, with tons of cloud cover.  I was getting rather worried about getting something to turn in.  On Friday in the late afternoon, the clouds broke, and I was able to get some nice sunset pictures.  Thank you, Jesus.  I had prayed that He would thrill me with His creation, and He did.  
The grasses interacting with the sun's light.  So breath-taking.

A few remaining flowers before it gets really cold.

Overlooking Bitterlakes.  There was not much water due to the drought.

What a view!  Definitely a "golden" moment.  See the Crane in the upper left.  I could not believe this sight...so amazing.

Gorgeous Fall colors.

The Sandhill Cranes flying overhead.  There are a lot of different birds, and their voices fill the air with lots of honking.

This is the my lesson 1 Assignment that I turned in.
Last night in our weekly class chat, our instructor gave us directions on how to "Ghost" a person in a picture since it was the day before Halloween.  I am not too crazy about Halloween (I prefer a Harvest festival), but I did think it was an interesting technique. My ghost is not too scary.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog