Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warren's 66th birthday...

"I have tried to walk a Christian life.  And now that I 'm getting older, I realized that I'm walking even closer with my God." -Andy Griffith

Happy Birthday, Warren...

Oh my, Warren was another year older on October 20th...he now has 66 years to his name.  I asked him if he had any comments on getting older, and he said, "No."  Maybe next year he will have a comment.

This year he had two birthday parties.  One here, and one when we went to visit Mark in California.
Maggie helped me get the presents wrapped, and the decorations up.  That is why it took me longer.  She loved all of project supplies.  I  had to chase her down to rescue some of them.  After I got everything done, I loved the look.
Maggie...she is giving herself as a present to Warren.  

Maggie had a great time playing in the crepe streamers...too much fun I might add.
Believe it or not, Warren wanted to have Domino's Pizza for his dinner.  I knew the grandkids would be happy about that.  He studied the menu for so long that I thought he was going to have it memorized.
Warren...trying to decide.  Decisions, decisions
I wanted my decorations to be bright, cheery, and colorful.  I made a wreath out of balloons (it took 256 balloons), and pipe cleaners, I painted a big number 66, and filled a jar with M&M's with two 6 candles showing though. I had a topiary made of Dum Dum suckers, and three bright colored candles decorating the table.  I took down the curtains from two of our dining room windows, and strung crepe paper from the top to the bottom.  It all looked very festive indeed.  After all that decorating, I think I am finished decorating for the rest of the year.  Well...maybe.
The table...

The room, and my awesome husband makes a pretty fine addition to the decorations.   His shirt goes right along with the bright, cheery, and colorful theme.

My M&M jar with the two 6 candles inside.
The Balloon wreath...with pipe cleaners.  Pipe cleaners are Maggie's favorite toy.   She kept running off with them.
                                                         
Warren's favorite is Chocolate cake.  This one had a Ganache filling.   It was so very good.
                                             

We all sang Happy Birthday while Erynn played the tune on the piano.  Her piano playing was much better than our singing.

Blowing out the candles...

One of Warren's presents...

Reid gave PawPaw one of his banks...it was filled with a lot, and I do mean a lot of money.   Money that Reid had saved up.  Wasn't that so nice.

Ian made a hilarious card...that is what they are reading and laughing at.

Still reading the card...it had a lot of pages...

More presents...

Another shirt...

I love this picture of Reid taken with my iPhone.  He is playing a game on the iPad.

Good old Ian...and he really is old...He turned 40 this year.  

On Friday, October 19, we drove to Albuquerque to fly to LA to visit Mark.  Unfortunately, Amber was out of town at a Bachelorette Party.  We missed her.
Our plane.  We sure liked the extra leg room.
We went to Star Bucks before we went to get our massages.   Yes, we both got an awesome massage.  It was divine.

Mark...I don't know about that look...ask him.

Mark and Warren rolling out their muscles...

This is the view from the living room window.  That building on the left is not really leaning.  It was my camera lens that made it do that.  I really liked the clouds.

We played Scrabble.  Mark won, scoring 75 points for the word "Zips", can you believe such a little word got so many points.  I came in last.
Mark made breakfast for us each morning...and it was sure good.

Chef Mark...

The eggs...going into the pan.

Our breakfast.  

Fall flowers Amber left to welcome us and decorate the table.  So beautiful indeed.

This is taken in a mirror.  I just wanted to try it.  You would not know it was a mirror unless I told you...Right?
Next we celebrated Warren's birthday.  Mark took us out to eat at a wonderful Italian restaurant.  The wait staff were all Italian and even spoke in Italian.  I was not always sure what they were saying.  Even their English sounded like Italian. We finished off the evening with our own little birthday celebration.  I thought of the cupcakes and Mark thought of the rum raisin ice cream.  It was good and fun!
    
More candle blowing...this one was easy with only one candle.
 I was very excited when Mark said he needed some pictures for his resume.  We took these on the last day we were there.  Hopefully, he will like one of them.  I like them all.                                                
Warren says Mark should be a model.  I did not do any editing of this picture except to remove a small bruise on Mark's cheek and drop in the background.  


So which picture should Mark use?  I can't wait to hear which one he picks.  It will be a tough decision.
Whew.  That was a lot of pictures, but I like pictures anyway, so I do not mind.

Happy Birthday, Warren...again.  I love you very much...more than ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog