Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My computer continued...and a new class...

" A thunderstorm is God's way of saying you spend too much time in front of the computer."- Unknown

In my past post, I explained how my computer was so slow...very slow...like forever slow.  I was instructed to take it to South Eastern Business Systems by Apple Support.  I left it, but did not have a good feeling about it.  I went the next day to pick it up.  The man there was not happy with me.  I decided to call Robert Carson, our PC computer expert, and beg him to look at my Apple.  I was so happy when he said he had started servicing Apple computers.  Thank you, Jesus!  My suspicions were right--my hard drive was slowly dying.  I decided to upgrade everything, which meant I had to upgrade software, too.  Well, in a misfortunate accident, my "mother board" (is there a father, and child board, too), was damaged.  So, my options were to: 1. go ahead with the repairs and Robert would pay for everything his company broke.  2.  Get a whole new computer with all the updates anyway, and Robert would pay for part of the computer to make up for breaking the mother board.  I opted for option #2.  Robert will put on all my old files, all my software, and make sure it is running like a top.  I am so glad because I hate trying to transfer and load everything.  Thank goodness for Robert.

My computer failure happened at a most inopportune time--is there ever a good time for a computer to go out?  I started a new photo class (at Jessica Sprague's website)  this past Monday: Advanced Composition.  It is proving to be a very challenging class, but I think I am going to really learn a lot.  I am learning to make friends with my laptop to get the assignments done.  This class has me out taking photos before sunrise, and looking for that golden light of sunsets.  Right now we are learning about landscapes, and there are not many great landscapes around here.  Our first assignment is to take photos  of an interesting place, and designing our photos as if they were for a travel brochure.  Right now I am hunting that "interesting and breath taking" place.

On a side note, I won a photo challenge contest at jessicasprague.com with my tilt and shift picture of the NMMI box.  Yeah.  The next challenge is to do a photo that is part sketch/part photo.  I submitted this photo.  I love this technique!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog