Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My absolute favorite TV show...

"Thank you very much." --Kara Sedgwick (The Closer).

Once upon a time, the TV series, The Closer, was my all time favorite, favorite, favorite show.  I could hardly wait for Mondays to roll around.  The characters on the show are funny, and their lines are priceless.  And funny, too!  It was a short series that only aired during the summer months.  Kara Sedgwick played by Brenda Lee Johnson was Deputy Chief of the homicide division of the LA Police Department.

I was most distressed when I found out the series was being discontinued. Like major melt down kind of distress... until I found out there was going to be a spin-off using the same characters.  Brenda Lee Johnson was being replaced by another equally dynamic character: Sharon Raydor played by Mary McDonnell.  Whew!  I could regroup from my melt down.  The spin-off called, Major Crimes, debuted and I could not believe that I liked it so much better than The Closer.  This has now become my favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite show.  (I added one more favorite than The Closer had).
Monday nights I can be found glued to the TV watching this series.  (Warren records it so we do not have to endure commercials).  I am always so sad when the hour episode is concluded.  Next week will be the season finale, and already I am bummed out about it.  I do not know how I will make it until next summer when it comes on again.  At least, I hope the series will be continued because it is my favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite TV show.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog