Sunday, April 1, 2012

Future addition to the McKelvy home

Today, I took the grandkids over to meet our future kitten.  I have been hankering for a cat for sometime now.  I was under strict orders that no cat could come into this household until after the birth of the twins. So after I got home from NC, I began to visit the Human Society regularly scouting out cats.  They never had any kittens, just older cats.  One day, Karen Fulkerson came into my Pilate class and told me that one of her friend's cat just had kittens and she showed me their pictures on her iPhone.  I found one I like immediately, and had her call her friend to see if I could have it.  I was so happy when she said, "Yes."  Today was the day we met.  This friend and her husband live in a warehouse, that has one corner carved out for their home.  They have about 10 cats.  I will have to explain the environment with pictures.  Trust me when I say it is a cat heaven...but outdoors.  My kitten lives in an old, red heap of a car with its mom and two siblings--nicely tucked away in the wheel well for the spare tire.   The kittens are two weeks old and have just opened their eyes.
Here she is...so small!

The top one is going to be ours in 6 weeks.

Hope these claws don't like our furniture!

What a cute face!

Erynn holding the kitten.

Bigger picture of her face.

I think she is a pretty kitten.

Okay, this is the last one.

She is a calico...all calicos are female.  I have been trying to talk Warren into letting me have two, but so far he had not budged.  Hmmmm.  I think it needs a playmate, so I will keep working on him.  I decided to name her "Maggie" and I hope she will be a great cat!  
            "A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden."     --Robert Southey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog