Monday, January 23, 2012

Power outage

Yesterday, I came home from church, drove into my driveway, hit the garage door opener, and nothing happened.  I hit it again.  Still nothing.  Warren and I went to church in separate cars since he had to make rounds at the hospital, so I thought he might be home.  I called our land line.  No answer.  I called his cell phone, and thank goodness he answered it.  I asked him where he was..."at home."  Hmmm.  Why did he not answer the phone?  It seems it did not ring.  Then he noticed all the electricity was off.  Why do men not notice the little details?  We were deciding what to do for lunch...peanut butter sandwiches.  No.  He did not like that idea.  He thought we should go to Zen diner.  Just as we were getting ready to leave the electricity came back on.  Yeah!  I wanted to stay home anyway since we were having hurricane gale winds outside.  And that's just what we did, for which I was so glad because there is nothing I like more than to have Fluffle for my noon meal after church.  Some of you may be asking, "What in the world is Fluffle?"  It is the most wonderful, puffy, much like french toast  breakfast dish.  It is easy and great tasting.  And it doesn't just have to be for breakfast.
I make it in a cast iron skillet, but you can use any 9 "pan.  It puffs up really tall, then collapses after it is taken out of the oven.  Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, and with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.  Yum!

Here's the recipe:
Heat oven to 425 degrees
In a blender beat 4 eggs- 2 minutes.  Add one cup of milk, 1 cup of flour, 1 TBS. sugar, 1/4 tsp. of salt.  Blend well, scrape sides, blend again.  Put 1/3 cup butter in a 9" pan and place in hot oven to melt.  Watch this closely or the butter will burn.  When melted, take the pan out of the oven, pour in batter and bake 20 minutes or until nicely browned.  Serve.

Tonight I have been warned that I have to start getting ready for bed at 9:30.  I have to go...it is 9:40 and I am being informed of the time.  Later everyone.

1 comments:

KermitKid said...

Hi, I followed your link from the JS site the other day and I made your Fluffle and it was so good I had to come back and tell you. In fact, we enjoyed it so much the first time that we made it again this evening!
I love your blog too!

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog