Saturday, December 9, 2017

First Snow...December daily 9

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event.  You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up in another quite different...and if this is not enchantment, then where is it to be found." -J.B. Priestly

We were warned that is was going to snow...but the weather service said it was only going to be a few inches of snow...  They were wrong!

This would be a couple of inches


It snowed all day, all night, and 1/2 of the next day.  Our couple of inches turned into about 12 inches.  I have to say it looked gorgeous when we woke.  The blanket of snow was breath-taking.

Our magical event...glorious!

I like snow for a little while...like about 3 hours.  Then I want it to melt, completely.  That way I don't have to worry about ice on the roads.  Or sidewalks.  Or slipping.
I was glad when the sun came out...

Still beautiful.

But the sun coming out meant shoveling the driveway...

"Oh my this is sure a lot of snow, and a big driveway!", sighed Warren.


Thankful for my hubby.

I did a photo-art piece with the snow scene of our first snow.  I wanted it to look very old.


And a couple selfies to close out the day...



Hugs...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog