Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Texture Tuesday...and some pics from Down Under...

Kim Klassen dot com

I decided I would post some miscellaneous pictures from my down under trip for  Kim Klassen's  Texture Tuesday.  These really do not have a story to go with them; I just liked them, and thought they would be fun to experiment with using various textures.  

While our tour bus was stopped for a lunch break, I went out exploring to find some nice photos.  I found some beautiful flowers... 

processed with kk_truegrit preset in Lightroom

textures: 2 LilOwls Frenzy, and Burnish, softlight 100%

Textures: kk_thursday, 2 lilowls burnish, both soft light 100%, kk_walnut preset
In one of the sandwich shops, there were all these cups for tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.  I asked the owner if I could snap some photos of them, and she was more than happy to let me take photos.  These are cups that you get to choose from when you have a hot beverage.  For tea, they had English breakfast, or Earl Grey.  Also, there was a choice of white tea (tea with milk) or regular, or white coffee, regular, lattes, or cappuccinos. (coffee with milk).  Skim milk was called "trim milk".  

This was a door to one of the shops.  Isn't it so cute? The three rust things to the left of the door are some sort of pipes.  
taken with my iPhone, processed with the app Snapseed, tilt-shift
 I really like this picture.  It is of street, and car lights with the buildings in the background.  Impressionist looking for sure.  I have no clue how the scratches showed up, or why it was not focused.  A mistake I like for sure...but have no idea how to repeat it.
straight out of camera
 This is what the night lights of the street, and car lights really look like.  I still think these are pretty nice looking.
Sydney at night

This is a bridge in Sydney, Australia that is right by the opera house.  It is huge, and one of the tour options was to climb the bridge...which takes 3 hours.  Repelling gear is required which comes with the tour.  I did not do this option.  It was rainy and windy.  I am more of a fair weather person.  The bottom of the bridge has 4 lanes for cars, a railroad track for trains, and a pedestrian sidewalk.  

 Holly and I in front of the bridge. 

All these suitcases were at the Sydney airport.  We flew from Cairns to Sydney which was about a 3 hour flight.

On one of our trips, we toured a winery.  This old dog was in the back of a pickup truck.  He seemed like such a nice subject.  He was nice and quiet...just staring at me while I took his photo.  Others saw me taking photos, and they tried, but he apparently did not like them.  He snarled his teeth, and barked very viciously at them.  I was glad he was so calm for me.

 Holly and I visited a botanical garden while in Sydney...they had a lot of very nice statutes.

Someone put a hat on this one. 

That is all for today.  I have many more pictures to share, so stay tuned.  Be blessed.  

1 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of Australia. I love the old dog. The rose edit is enchanting.

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog