Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December daily...Day 3...Maggie

"I am not alone at all, I thought.  I was never alone at all.  And that, of course, is the message of Christmas.  We are never alone.  Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent.  For this is still the time God chooses." -Taylor Caldwell

I think that is a wonderful quote, and I thought it would go well with these pictures of Maggie.  When we are around, she is like a little shadow...well, except when she's sleeping.
Maggie...smiling.
Warren and I were taking pictures for our Christmas card, and accidentally left the door from the side garage to the house open.  Out walked Maggie to check to see what we were doing.  I grabbed her up and snapped this picture.  Not the best exposure, but look at her hind feet.  She looks half rabbit, and she is making great eye contact with the camera.  This picture illustrates the part of the quote that says "we are never alone, not when the night is the darkest, the wind the coldest."  It was dark, and blowing a lot this night.

I decided it would be fun to give Maggie some holiday color with this Boa.  She thought it was pretty fine to eat.  Actually, I think she has her head bowed, and is praying, "Dear Lord, help me get this thing off of me, and please let there be no more pictures.  Amen!"

We are never alone.  God is with us all the time, and in all circumstances.  "Let it be your business everyday, in the secrecy of the inner chamber, to meet the Holy God.  You will be repaid for the trouble it may cost you.  The reward will be sure, and rich." -A. Murray
...Today, prepare for Him room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog