Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Brrr…December Daily… not so daily...

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust

My December daily has not been so daily.   The time is passing much too quickly as Christmas draws nearer and nearer.  I have been busy sewing up all my projects, packing boxes, and trying to stay warm.  We had a little bit of snow, that turned into sheets of ice.  Temperatures have been in the teens.  On Sunday, all the trees and various objects were coated in sheets of snowflakes.  It was breath taking.


A man "outstanding" in the field.  I am so glad my man went out to take pictures with me.  I think he is pretty awesome to do so, being that it was so very cold out.  Like below freezing. That is true love for sure.
 Look at how each brach of the tree is coated with snowflakes in the background.

Doesn't the chain link fence look amazing…and the guy standing next to it as well.

I wanted to show the vast expanse of whiteness all around.  Except for the dark figure in the middle.  He adds contrast. Except for his beard.  

So beautiful.  This is a tree branch.

Barbed-wire fence.

Even this ugly how down the street even looks pretty nice.  

More barbed-wire.

The roses look like they have been dusted with sugar.  




I wish I had gotten a picture of the trees lining the streets, but I thought about it too late.  I was awfully cold after taking these photos.  Especially my fingers.  You cannot operate a camera with gloves on.  It is still so cold out.  I am thankful for warm homes, electric blankets, and a husband who gets up before me, and turns up the heat in the morning.  Stay warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog