Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day...

"And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
   -Lee Greenwood

Today, since it was Memorial day, Warren and I went to South Park Cemetery to remember those who have fallen in defense of our country.  My main goal was to see if we could find Chris Sander's burial site, and to photograph all the flags put on the veteran's graves.  It was a moving sight to behold.


 We did find Chris's burial site too.  Actually, Warren did.
Front of the memorial stone.

At the very bottom, it says,"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for  one's friends."  John 15: 13

I wanted Warren in a picture since Chris was his patient, and his mom, Warren's nurse.  

The back unclose.  Chris and his wife and two children.


The whole back.  He has a ton of awards.  I wish they were readable.

I liked the way they added the photos on the memorial stone.  I told Warren to make sure mine had pictures on it.  He said I had better tell the boys because he would probably be the one who dies first. 

We, also, visited David, Warren's brother's grave. He was not a veteran, but he is a hero in our eyes.  

And then we went to find my mother's grave.

My mother.  I wish I could remember  more about her.  I was too young.  
This is my father.  I like this picture in front of the flag.  He was in the Marines.

Flag flying over South Park.

Thank a Veteran today.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog