Monday, February 11, 2013

My weekend...

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson 

"For the first time in history does a nation have a complete gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient. The world will follow our lead in the future." -Adolf Hitler, April 15, 1935 in address to Reichstag

I got absolutely nothing done this weekend around the house.  I spent Friday night at a self-defense class that was very informative and good.  Now if I can remember everything if I ever need it.  Warren would not let me practice my new found knowledge on him.  Rats!

Saturday and Sunday I spent getting my class room and shoot qualifying done, so I can carry (a gun) concealed.    I have had my permit in the past, but had let it expire. You have to start from the beginning when that happens, which I will not do that again.  My friend, Karen, did the class with me.  It was so much nicer having someone I know take it with me.  On Saturday afternoon, Warren came because he was going to do his 2 year practice shoot.  He did not have to stay for the whole time, but it was sure nice having him in the class for a little while too.

Getting fingerprinted
One of the instructors teaching how to keep someone out of your space.
On the range.  Only 4 at a time went to the shooting line.  Our class had 19 people, so it took a long time to get through all of them. 

Rebound from the .45.
Being supervised.
Now with my revolver, which was a .357 magnum.  I love this gun!  I borrowed both the guns I used--the semi-automatic and revolver.  
My target.  I don't get to keep the target.  The score is sent in with all our paper work, and this target is kept on file by those who were instructors for the class.  
Karen, and the shotgun.  Isn't she a hoot?  Shotguns were highly recommended for home protection since its bullets are less likely to go through walls.
This was Karen's first time ever shooting a gun!  She did a fantastic job.
Rob and Karen.  Future Annie Oakleys
We had such a great time.  When everyone got done with their qualifying, we got to shoot all kinds of guns...the shotgun, I did not like.  Too much recoil.  I did like the gun called, "The Judge" which is like a pistol shotgun.  One person brought an automatic rifle, and that was a lot of fun to shoot.  It was cold, and dirty out there.  We had fun, but I was glad to get home after two days of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog