Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love is in the air...

"Let your love be like misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river." -Malagasy Proverb

Love is in the air.  You can see and feel it in stores that are full of decorations, candy, cookies, and cakes all wrapped and packaged in heart shapes in colors of red, pink, and white. Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  So I decided my photography had to reflect the spirit of love.  Well, that and the fact that our February challenge for our photography club is the color "red" also helped me in defining my photo shoots, too.  I had a lot of fun doing these.  First my grandkids.





Adjectives to describe the above: adorable, cute, handsome, gorgeous, pretty, and fun!
Next, I asked one of the youth, Olivia, from our church to be my model.  What fun we had taking these! She was a good sport, and gorgeous besides.  Her dark hair and porcelain skin, along with the red clothing made some awesome pictures.   I tried out some new photo editing techniques, too.  I loved it all.  And that is what this month is about: Love.  








Then, these are two sisters who went out with me and Stephanie DeFranco, another photographer, for a fun photo shoot.  These were my two favorite pictures.  I like the way the setting sun adds such drama to the photos.  


Lastly, I have a picture of Mary who lives at the same retirement village as my Jane.  On the day I took this picture, Mary was sitting in the lobby, and I thought she looked so pretty in her red sweater, turquoise beads, and her beautiful gray hair.  I asked her if I could take her picture (I just so happened to have my camera), and she said yes.
Many thanks to all my models.  There sure is a lot of "red" going on out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog