Friday, June 1, 2012

Remember...

"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most honorable form of government ever devised by man." --Ronald Reagan

I was traveling on Memorial Day, so I did not get to post anything about the holiday, and I do not want to let too much time get away without remembering the significance of Memorial Day.  I love our nation, and I do believe that it is being destroyed and dismantled piece by piece by our current administration.  We must remember and embrace the founding father's vision for our nation.  They left us with a remarkable guideline in the form of our constitution.  The holidays that are for remembering our liberty, and those who fight so we can remain free are some of my favorites.  Years ago, for Father's day, Luke installed a flagpole for his dad.  It is a gift I have enjoyed as well.  Luke is my patriot.  He flies his flag religiously.  When I was in NC, I got up early and walked each morning.  I was so impressed that almost EVERY house had their flags flying in remembrance of Memorial Day.  It was truly heart warming.
Flags were everywhere!

I love headbands for the different holidays.  This one even has flashing lights.  It is definitely a Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Luke's Flag on his porch.
Pioneer Woman had a photo contest called "coming home" in honor of remembering our soldiers.  It is a tear jerker and worth the look: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/06/coming-home-2/.  Here are a few I selected from her blog.
Photo by Skyerphooney

Photo by Ranger Princess

Photo by Katie Mihalak

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog