Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Part 1 of our North Carolina trip

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherish them."  --Richard Evans

Most of the McKelvy clan headed out to North Carolina to see Luke's family and meet the new additions (Tate and Sawyer) for themselves over the Memorial Holiday.  Warren and I were the first to arrive, and miraculously with no complications with American Airlines.   When that happens, I do not mind the trip so much. Besides, I had some movies to watch on my iPad...(Evelyn, which is based on a true story and very good, A Little Romance, it is cute and fun! and lastly, We bought a Zoo, which is also based on a true story, and good as well).  I could hardly wait to leave Roswell...
Roswell's huge airport...by for now!
And get into Greenville, SC.  I had a window seat, so I got to behold the glory of God.  Look at these clouds...so beautiful and awe inspiring that is for sure.
The heavens declare His glory!!!!

I love the way the sun's rays were captured in this photo.

Greenville, SC
Luke picked us up at the airport; we went to Chipotle's for a fine dinner, and then on to Hendersonville where we got to see how much the twins had changed.  I was amazed to see they had blue eyes.  Since Jordan has brown eyes, and Luke green, I figured there was not a chance they would have blue eyes, but they did.  Of course, I am told that is subject to change, but we will see.  I did the calculations based on what I remember from my genetics, and there is a 1 in 4 chance one would have blue eyes, and for both of them, a 1/16 chance.  Regardless of the eye color, I was so happy to see them, and so was Warren.
Mr. Sawyer...too cute!

"Grandchildren are the crown of old men."  Proverbs 17:6a
Tate hamming it up for his Pawpaw.

Luke trying to feed Sawyer rice cereal and it is not working very well.

Mr. Tate

Mimi and Tate
I bought a new camera: the Canon Powershot SX40 HS, specifically to use on trips where I do not want to lug around all my lenses and big camera. This camera has a focal range of 24 to 840, so it is a macro, wide-angle, and telephoto all with one lens...so cool!   It was probably not the wisest choice to bring a camera that you are totally not familiar with, but I did.  Unfortunately, there was no manual (you have to ask for it...and it is on the way), so I had to guess at a lot of things.  Mostly I kept it on automatic, and let it do all the hard work because I could not figure out how to change the aperture or shutter speed.  And all in all, I am pretty happy with it, but I still like my big camera better.

More pictures of the rest of the clan and our activities tomorrow, so come back!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog