Sunday, June 20, 2010

My 57th Birthday


Happy Birthday sign made by Laurie

Today is my 57th birthday and it is also Father's Day. Tomorrow will be Reid's 3rd birthday and the first day of summer. (More on Reid's birthday tomorrow). Lots of things happen in the month of June. We celebrated with lunch at Ian and Laurie's and Zach and his family came from Dallas arriving at 5:30 p.m. Telephone calls have come from all the rest of the family, so it has been a great day.

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 16:5-6, "The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; Thou dost support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me." I think one of the reasons this particular verse means a lot to me is that the Lord has been good to me. I can remember after my mother died, everyone told me she had gone to heaven to be with God. I wanted to go there too. I recall standing in the backyard looking up to the sky saying, "I want to go to heaven." God fulfilled this scripture in me.

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay;
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
And He put a new song in my mouth." Psalm 40:1-3

I praise the Lord that He hears and He works. Without Him I cannot image where I would be. My heritage is in the Lord, and in my family. And it is beautiful to me. He has done GREAT things.


Here I am as a little girl
Notice the great hairdo that seems to be popular with guys today

57 years old


Erynn and me. She is a delight to me.

Happy Father's Day to Warren


and Ian (with Erynn)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog