Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting Ready

Last Friday, June 11th, I went to get my hair colored. I have to say coloring my hair is something I do not particularly like doing. It costs a lot, takes a ton of time, and it only lasts a few weeks before you have to do something with the roots. Besides, I wonder if having those chemicals sitting on your head can do something to your brain. After all they sit there for an hour and I wonder if they are absorbed. That is probably why I have become so forgetful. Just the other day, Warren found a gallon of milk and spinach in the back seat of my car. I had forgotten to take it inside and with the heat, it had all spoiled. It had been there two days.
Back to my hair... I do like the outcome when I get it done and for a few days, (before the roots start showing) I feel like a new woman. I do like the warmth the color adds to my appearance. I mentioned to the hair dresser that I saw a lady walking by in the mall who had some streaks of red in her hair and I really liked them. She was not your typical teenie bopper who looked like a freak. In fact, she was very sophisticated looking. My hairdresser said we can add a few streaks of red to my hair if I wanted. Hmmm. I decided to try it when she said it would only last a couple of weeks then turn to blonde. And I like it. There is not too much of it. We (Warren and I) had a hard time getting it to show up in the pictures we took.


We, also, had Ian and his family over for dinner on Friday so I could use Ian and Laurie as subjects for a photo shoot since we were suppose to do couples for my photography class this week. I had some romantic poses in mind from things I had seen online and in magazines, but it did not quite turn out the way I planned. Ian and Laurie were great about putting up with my weird requests. We got some funny shots as well as some good ones.

Here is one of the nice ones



And now a funny one


Laurie, Ian and Reid. I like this one.


We have started getting things ready for the July 4th activities. Gradually, we are getting the yard groomed. I am still having a hard time getting my grass to grow around the back porch by the stepping stones. I think I have seeded it three times so far with not much luck. Warren got out his shade sails and put up a few around the close deck. It will be nicely shaded for outdoor eating which we will do more when Zach's crew gets here. Notice Smidge was doing his part in helping put up the sails. Warren told me he'd been thinking about when the "critters" get here--"critters" are his family. That was a new term he hadn't used before. His thinking was about how many glasses we all used, (deep thoughts for sure) and he thought plastic disposable cups would be better since we have a limited number of glasses. I had to think of Mark when he was wondering why he and Amber needed to register for 46 different sized glasses for bridal showers. The glasses are needed for all the "critters."

Warren trimmed up rose bushes, trees, and hedges. He even cut down a tree that was pretty pitiful looking. I am sure he was wishing Luke was here to carry off all the debris. One of the tree branches he cut was from our neighbor's tree that was hanging over into our yard. The good part was it was loaded with little tiny, but very tasty plums. We have enjoyed eating them.


The hanging of the sails


The plums Warren got from our neighbor's tree


Our Day lillies are just beautiful

There is nothing I enjoy more than being outdoors--except when the wind is blowing and it has done a lot of that lately. I am thankful I have a husband who loves the outside as much as I. It gives me great pleasure to be working along side him and even more pleasure to see the fruit of our labor. I am looking forward to all the family coming. Our family is the greatest fruit of our labor and it was well worth all the work and effort, indeed. I know it will be wild and crazy, but most of all it will be fun. I love having everyone home because I am wild about them. Nothing is better than family. God has given us a rich heritage in our family. I pray each member of the McKelvy clan, (I prefer clan over critter) come to know and love the Lord and realize our everything comes from Him. May all the McKelvys for all generations glorify Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog