Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Israel, God's time clock

Yesterday during one of my fitness classes, one member and I were discussing and solving world events. Of course, the signing of the health care reform by Obama was our first course of discussion,(Good bye freedom, hello to Big Brother), but a topic of greater importance is the conflict America is having with Israel. I find the present climate of political and natural events very interesting. We have the signing of ObamaCare, and the conflict of America and Israel, coupled with the many earthquakes all occurring in the same week. I think it is very interesting that these events are taking place close to our Easter season. Israel is God's time clock and it is ticking. I am hoping God will have something up His sleeve like he did in the book of Ester--the Jews were freed from the terrible slaughter on Passover. It would be nice if Americans could be rescued in like manner. The word is very plain when it states "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you." Our allegiance to Israel is important if we want to continue as a blessed nation. Unfortunately, we do not have in leadership those who hold the Bible in high esteem.

In Matthew 10:16, Jesus told the disciples: "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." I think this scripture is particularly appropriate for believers today. I want to be like the sons of Issachar in 1 Chronicles 12:32 who "understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do." I want to understand the times and know what I should do! The following is a link about the talks with the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu. The comments posted are more interesting than the story itself. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_an/us_us_israel_analysis

Another interesting blog about the topic can be found at: www. carolineglick.com

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Rob, You are RIGHT ON! I couldn't agree with you more. We need to do some serious praying for our nation, and pray for God's mercy, because His Spirit will not always strive with us!

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog