Thursday, March 4, 2010


Bask in Christ's bountiful love today that your joy may be full. Fullness of joy. How lacking that is in our society today. I was struck when I discovered one reason we are joyful is because of our salvation. I believe that is so true. Several years ago, I started a "Thankfulness" journal because I felt I focused so much on the negative that I needed to start looking for the positive on a daily basis. It did work for me, but as I read back over some of my entries about things I was grateful for, I was so surprised to find I had written over and over again, was--"thank you, Lord, for calling me out of the darkness and bringing me into your glorious light!" I am so thankful for my salvation. Beth Moore says, "I believe the main reason we lack an awareness of joy in our salvation is because we are unaware or seldom reminded to what and from what we have been saved." We have neglected "so great a salvation." (Hebrews2:3)

I think I may have to change my theology on the "Book of Life" where the names of believers are written. I always thought your name was written in the Book of Life the minute you accepted Christ as your savior. I read somewhere that assumptions are not facts until you find them in the word of God. Revelation 17:8 says our names are written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. Then in Revelation 3:5 it says "He who overcomes shall thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life." Does this mean, those who reject Jesus (the unbelievers) have their name erased? If this is so, when does the name get erased? Maybe upon your death since your time is up. Hmmm, I do not know, but God does. In one way, I do feel better if this is what happens. That means everyone comes into this world with their name written in the book of life. We all start out on the same footing, but it is ultimately up to us to make the decision to believe.

I am mentoring a high school student right now. For her birthday, I made her a zentangle of the name Jesus, then I outlined the name in all the characteristics of who and what Jesus is. When I gave it to her, I said, there is nothing better that I can give you. Jesus is the best gift of all. When Peter and John meet the crippled beggar, they told him, "look at us...I do not possess silver and gold , but what I do have, I give to you." (Acts 3:4-6) They gave him Jesus. Look at Jesus--He will gives me all I need. Today, I will bask in Christ's bountiful love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog