Saturday, February 3, 2018

So true...

"When you release expectations, you are free to enjoy things for what they are instead of what you think they should be." -Mandy Hale

When I first broke my ankle, I had expectations of how long I would be incapacitated, and when I'd be up, around, and back to normal.  I thought 6 weeks tops.  Boy was I wrong!  I am well into my 4th month of recovery, and I am just now getting around to walking...sort of normally.  I found these two hilarious truths on the instagram account of "brokenleggirl."  I could so relate.

This is what my recovery looks like...the one on the right.  The reality one.


This next one is called the "adventures of a broken legged girl."  This is totally true.  Pretty adventurous, I know.


I don't have shoes that I can wear with this ankle brace, so my friend let me borrow her shoes.  They are 2 sizes too big for me, but they work.  I wear a thick sock on my good leg, and a thin sock on my bad let.  Nobody can see I have different socks on, and it works.


Slowly, I am getting there!  Hugs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog