Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Alone...

"A lecture might inform someone, but music affects us in a more profound way.  Music can go past the intellect to the intimate, moving us so compellingly.  We are different for having encountered the enriching blend of notes, tones, and ideas." -John Ashcroft

We have hired a personal trainer.  In the beginning, it was to help me get mobility in my ankle and get me walking again.  Chuck (the trainer) made such a difference in my life that I encouraged Warren to give him a try for his back issues.  Chuck has helped us both.  The facility is about a 30 minute drive from our home.  I find that I do not mind the drive at all, because it is a glorious drive.  The hills, mountain side, longhorns, cattle and geese are a pleasure to behold.  Many times I wish I had my camera to take photos of the beauty I see.  (I will remember to take it one of these days).  I, also, like to listen to KLOVE while driving.  In case you're not familiar with KLOVE, it is a Christian radio station (88.3 FM in Hendersonville).  It is my time to be alone...with God.  It is during this alone time that I pay close attention to the lyrics of the songs playing on the radio. So many times the songs touch my soul.  I am moved, and I am not the same.  Have you ever felt like a song was just for you?  It is in the quiet of my car that God ministers to me and takes me to a new level of faith. He takes me to new heights in our relationship.  He restores me.  He encourages me.  He gives me hope.  He makes me new.  He gives me wonderful life.  He makes me grateful for all things.  He blesses me.    I look forward to these drives.  When the drive is over, and I pull into my driveway, my heart is overflowing with the goodness of God.  He has done great things.

The following photos were taken at my friend, Suzanne's house.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog