Sunday, April 23, 2017

Twins down by the River...

"My dream is to be on my boat...or an island...that's my dream! -Cameron Mackintosh

I took the boys to the Mills River park where they discovered a nice place to play at the water's edge. We discovered it quite by accident.  There's a nice paved area around the whole park that is about 1.5 miles in total.  People use it to run, walk, or walk their dogs, and kids ride their bikes.  That's what we were doing-riding bikes.  There was a picnic table beside an opening in the shrubbery with a sign that said, "Enter at your own risk.  Parents are responsible for their children."  We entered...at our own risk, and found a little bit of paradise.  It was a small river, creek, whatever its called, it was water...the boys loved it.  I let them explore for a little while, then we left.  I promised them we'd come back to play another time.  Finally, we had a day without rain, and we went to the park.  To keep the promise that I made.

The boys wanted me to take pictures of these birds on the fence post as we were walking to our destination .

I had to take two photos...one for each boy.


At the water...pure fun for boys.  Boats...

Sticks...


 Throwing rocks...



I could see they were not going to stay out of the water, so we took off shoes, and rolled up pant legs...


Several geese came floating down the water very close to the boys...


Waving at the geese... and watching...


Temptation...I know he wanted to see if he could catch these geese...
 Fun with the toy boat...


Finally, it's time to go...putting the shoes back on was quite a chore.   We finally had to ditch the socks, and just put on the shoes.


Next time we will come back with water shoes, and shorts...

I thought I'd do a fun picture with Tate on the toy boat...


Happy sailing... Till next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog