Saturday, May 6, 2017

This and That...

"There is no abstract art.  You must always start with something.  Afterward, you can remove all traces of reality." -Pablo Picasso

Our camera club went on field trip to do night time photography.  It was not the most successful of our outings.  It was bitter cold, cars kept driving by... ruining our total darkness, and there was not a lot of interesting objects to photograph.  But it was fun getting together with others in a like minded endeavor.  Here are some of the results.

The view before the sunset...

Two of my girlfriends who went along with me...

one of our props...

Night sky...

The big tree was light painted.  There was a lot of light pollution from the town.

I had one photo that was almost completely blown out, but I liked the effect of the trees.  I decided to keep it to see what I could do with it.
Here's my before photo.  I liked the ghostly effect of the trees.

Here's what I did with it.

I added textures, an old map, I extracted the tent from my photo and added it, and then I used a Kim Klassen brush to add the dream words.  Loved the end result.

One of my friends asked me to design a composite using an iPhone photo  of them sitting on her mother's windowsill.  She had this vision of Christ pouring faith, trust, hope, and joy into each cup, and each one of these pouring out of us.

Her cups on the windowsill

Her vision

I removed the birdhouse, pole, and thermometer from the background of the cups.  Then I added what I thought was Christ pouring into the cups.  She had an acrostic for each of the words: hope, trust, faith, and love.  I added those to the composite as well.  Here's my design of her vision.

My result

The last bit of images is of a Wisteria bush...tree?  It was huge...at least 30 feet high.  It was mingled in among the branches of a tree.  I took one of the flowers, and made my own image.


That's about it for my images for now.  Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog