Wednesday, May 10, 2017

From my garden...

"Happiness held is the seed;
Happiness shared is the flower. -John Harrigan

Here's what's blooming in my garden.  This iris was transplanted from our Roswell home.  We bought it at the Iris farm in the Hondo Valley and had it planted in our backyard in Roswell.  The last time I was there, I dug up some of my favorite irises and shipped them to our new home in NC.  I was happy to see they over-wintered nicely.

Texture from Kerstin Franks

This variety of iris was given to me by a local friend.


"Spring came suddenly, the rain stopped, the days grew noticeably longer, and the afternoon light felt powdery, as if it might blow away."-Jane Mendelsohn

I am still trying to get used to the weather around here.  About the middle of March, we had several warm days in a row.  I thought, winter must be past, so I put away all my winter clothes.  Wouldn't you know that right after I did that, we had many days of very cool weather coupled with days and days of rain.  I asked a local resident if all springs were like this.  He said it's called blackberry winter.  After the blackberry plants set their blooms, it warms up.  Warmer temperatures are on their way...the blackberry bushes have bloomed...

I took this ordinary photo of a blackberry bush...
Blackberry bush...

and worked some digital magic into it... the words at the bottom left say, "each dawn is a new beginning."

See the girl in the right upper corner of the photo.

Hugs to all.  Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog