Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter...Race

"We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does.  Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining--they just shine." -Dwight L. Moody


Celebration of Easter has taken place for several days around here.  It started with an Easter egg hunt with the grandkids on Wednesday.



I found some lego candy which they loved putting together more than eating it... These guys love legos.


Maggie had to see what all the building was about.  I don't know why, but the boys liked to open all the eggs and put the candy in piles...


I wanted them to know the real meaning of Easter as well as having fun finding the eggs.  We read the Easter story, and watched a video of Jesus on the cross with the two thieves beside Him, and the empty tomb.  Then we made a version of the crosses and tomb.

Here is our project with the rock over the entrance of the tomb...

Here is the rock rolled a little to the side...with the shroud of Jesus visible. 

The boys enjoyed putting this together, and I think it gave them a wonderful visual of what Easter is really all about...Christ risen, not the Easter bunny and eggs.

On Saturday, I participated in a "Carry your Cross 5K."  The last 2/10 of the race you were given a 2x4 to carry up the last hill.

Before the race...

Waiting... to begin...

During the last mile or so there were signs with scripture written on them posted along the race path.  Along with the signs, they had Christian music playing.  I thought these two touches were very nice, and it made the race a little better to endure.  Here I am at the finish with my board.  It wasn't exactly easy running with this thing...and uphill.  Many of the boards had scripture or names of people on them.  When you finished the race, you could write on your board.  They use these boards year after year.

The church that hosted it was located in such a pretty area...Candler, NC...see the mountains in the background.  I might add, the course was very hilly indeed.  Most of the second mile was all uphill.  I ran down the hills, but walked up the hills.


I finished first in my age group...not a second or a third.  It was 1st place.  That is a 1st for me as well.  I have never won any races I have participated in.


I am very sore today...and I have shin splints.  It was a fun race to do to commemorate Jesus carrying His cross.  All proceeds go to missions, so it was for a worthy cause.
Hope your Easter was fun! Be blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog