Monday, February 23, 2015

More catching up to do...The Big snowfall...

"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields that it kisses them so gently.  And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, 'til the summer comes again.'" -Lewis Carol

On January 22, we had a pretty nice snow, and it happened to fall on the day we have the grandkids over.  Since it does not snow very often around here, we do not have stores that stock sleds.  So we made a trip to Hobby Lobby, and got foam board to use as sleds.  PawPaw kept saying it would never work, but we decided to give it a try.
Yeah...we are hoping the foam board works...

We packed down a path to use as the sled run...and in no time the kids were sledding with record breaking speed.  The foam board worked...!!!!
I think he will be ready for the winter olympics...

He learned pretty fast how to maneuver to get the greatest speed...

The Eskimo boy...love this hat...in fact, I wished I was wearing it.

Here she was trying to forge another path...so they could race...
I even made a few trips down the hill, but since I am the photographer, there are no photos to prove I actually did it.  Pawpaw watched, and froze...not that were not frozen too, but when you are moving and playing, you do not notice the cold.
Notice how deep the snow is...up to her knees...

Earlier in the day, when it was snowing very hard a fellow friend, and I braved the weather to try to capture some great snow photos.
My friend, Gennean...

Gennean took this photo, and sent it to me.  The vest is one that Jane, my lady who I took care of for so many years had given me.  I finally got to wear it, and it was very warm.  
I think we got some amazing shots...

South acres RR track.  I like how the track seems to go on for eternity.  


An abandoned house...

Another perspective...


These horses had a lot of fun frolicking in the snow...


They came right up to the fence to see us...probably looking for something nice to eat...

Only we did not have anything for them to eat...

I was going to say cows in the snow, but these are bulls...They were pretty curious about us.  Probably wondering why we were out in the snow...

I love this picture too...the irrigation line seems to go on and on...all the way to the houses in the background...

Another abandoned house..with a bicycle parked outside it...

The pecan orchards that I walk by almost everyday...

Sunken garden at Cahoon Park

Cahoon Park

Love the reflection...it looks like the tree has leaves in the reflection...

The day after the snow, the sun was shining, and Maggie wanted out to play in the winter wonderland herself.  It was so cold that the snow was frozen hard, so she just walked on top of it.
Maggie...snow cat...

Hmmm.  I think I will make a snowball...see it at her feet...

In no time at all, she was rolling a ball for a snowman again...
I'll roll it this way a little while...

It was a tricky job...the snowball kept getting away from her...
Come here...

She went into her sneak up, and attack mode...


Take that, you old snowball...


This was as far as she got with her snowball...no snowman today...


She did not stay out too long...soon she wanted into our nice, warm house...
The warm house...calling her name...

and settled in by the heater...
Ahhh, heat...

I think everyone enjoyed our snow, that was pretty much melted in the next couple of days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog