Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Today...

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." -Mark Twain

I like Wednesdays because it is the one day of the week that I do not have to teach class, or have any other obligations.  I always think I am going to get so much done, and I do not even come close to doing what I imaged in my head.  I got up early this morning to walk with a friend...it was blowing 26 mph which was not the most pleasant walking conditions, but the company and conversation was grand.  I had a great breakfast with my hubby before he went to work.  Then he read his Kindle book and I took his picture.  He didn't know I did.  I don't think.
My favorite person in the whole wide world...my man.

I am doing a 30 day June challenge where we have to take a picture of something specific each day.  Today we were to take a picture of our favorite shoes.  My favorite shoes are boots.  I have one pair that are my absolute favorite, and I would wear them everyday if I could, but they might look funny with some of my outfits.  Like my workout clothes, or shorts.

My favorite boots

I went to the DMV to renew my driver's license...I was in and out in 56 minutes.  And my picture looks pretty nice, I think.  I do not get the real license until 10-14 days.  I have a temporary piece of paper.

I went to visit Jane.  She fell out of bed last night, but luckily she was fine.  She loves going outside in her "dark glasses."

My favorite little lady
When I got home, it was so pretty out, I grabbed my camera, and just took some pictures from our backyard.  Maggie was in a posing mode today.  She let me snap some great pics.


My favorite Maggie
My Basil is going to seed.  Luckily, I have several new plants coming up, so I will always have a fresh supply when this plant peters out.  I will gather these seeds for next year's crop.  My new favorite thing to do with Basil is to make flavored water.  Drop a couple of basil leaves, with the juice of one lemon in 2 quarts of water, and you have the most delicious, and refreshing drinks of all time.  I love it.
My favorite herb
There were a lot of busy bees in my flower garden.  


And Wasps...

And gorgeous flowers...

It was a mighty fine day.  I just wished it had rained.  Lots of wind and clouds tonight, but no rain.  Maybe it will rain tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog