Sunday, June 9, 2013

Me...On the piano...literally.

I recently came across a web article written about an incredible 14 year old boy who manipulates photos into surreal images.  http://www.demilked.com/surreal-self-portraits-14-year-old-fiddle-oak/.  I was very impressed with his work, and imagination.   I wanted to see if I could come up with something like he did.  Using his picture of the man on the piano for inspiration,  I tried my own.
Photo by Zev (nickname fiddle oaks) from website: http://www.demilked.com/surreal-self-portraits-14-year-old-fiddle-oak/

I originally wanted to use my granddaughter, but she said she did not want to do it, so I used myself as the subject.  Warren took the photos.
Here are two photos that are the result of our afternoon of play, or work depending on how you look at it.
This was very had on my abs, since I had to hold the pose so long while Warren worked with the camera.
This one is my favorite of the two.   I wanted it to appear as if  I was stepping over the crack between the piano keys.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Warren was my photographer, and my consult on how my shadows would fall in each picture.  Once again he's my hero.  
You would think I did not have enough to do since I spent so much time playing with this.  I really do have a ton to do...it just didn't get done today.  It will still be waiting for me tomorrow.  Besides, this was a challenge, it was fun, and I hope I get better at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog