Friday, July 1, 2011

Beginning of the 4th Weekend

So much to do and so little time.  Our home is about to be invaded with people--my people, my sons, and all their family.  I am so excited.  July 4th to me is be better than Christmas.  It is a time when all my sons migrate back home and for a few days I get to bask in the joy of their presence.  It is a mom thing.  Nothing thrills me more than seeing, touching, experiencing, and savoring time with my sons.  When the four of them get together it is just like the old days with digs, competition, wrestling, games, jokes, and plenty of sarcasm.  I love it all because they are hilarious.  I wish I could remember all the lines and write it down.  It would be a best seller for sure.

This morning I was reciting to my husband all that I needed to get done before they get here.  He said, I would have had no problem getting to it all if I had not had my nose stuck in a book constantly for the past 23 hours.  Yes, I must confess that is what I have done, but it isn't all my fault.  My daughter-in-law, Laurie, told me about this wonderful, hilarious book, and she let me borrow it.  It was all and more that she said it would be.  So I HAD to get it read and I did.  I finished it this morning.  It is by Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, http://thepioneerwoman.com, From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.
This is the cause of me being so behind.
Seeing I am pressed for time, I must go.  I have a class to teach after which I will taking my little lady, Jane, to a doctors appointment to get the results of her P.E.T. scan.  I pray it is clean.

More on the activities of the 4th later.
I love you all who take the time to read my blog.  God Bless America!
At least I got some cookies made.

Erynn going off the unseen diving board.

She loves the pool.  Now if I could get her  to turn loose of her nose and swim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog