Thursday, July 21, 2011

Little Annie

I took Annie into the vet's today to get her teeth cleaned and a check-up.  I had been putting it off, and decided that I couldn't put it off any longer because she was not looking or acting too well.  She seemed to have a hard time eating, she drank constantly, her right eye wasn't looking normal, and she was loosing weight.  I had talked to Beth (my vet and friend) about her loosing weight and she said that was never good.  Annie had not been there long when I got a call from Beth with not very good news.  She said Annie was a mess.  She had lost 3.5 pounds in less than 6 months which was never a good sign.  We talked about tests, long term care...if there was such a thing for her, and the cost.  In the end, we decided it would be best to put her to sleep and that is what we did.  I am really sad we had to do that because she was really a very nice cat.  It has been kind of a bummer day for me because of that.  I hope for the brief time we had her here that she felt loved and secure.  I think she had a pretty rough life before us.  I took these pictures of her on July 18.  They are the last I have of her.
She never could get enough rubbing!
                                      
She would often cross her paws.  She sat like a queen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog